Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Coffee Rubbed NY Strips

Options
Zeke
Zeke Posts: 90
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Re: New Wood - New Technique thread below.[p]I tried the coffee rub tonight on two NY Strips (thanks Kenny G) and they were fantastic. There may have been a subtle taste of coffee to the meat but I really had to make an effort to detect the coffee. I cooked the steaks at about 475° and did not add any wood to flavor the steaks. The lovely and young Ms. Zeke loved 'em and so did the nosey neighbor. I cut the neighbor a nice piece and sent her on her way. To bad she couldn't stay for dinner <big grin>.[p]The rub:[p]4 Tbs of Starbucks Columbian Supremo (I guess any brand of coffee will do)
8 peppercorns
Sea Salt to smell[p]I pulverized the ingredients into a fine powder and rubbed into the meat and placed into the refrigerator overnight. Other than piercing the steaks to add a few slices of garlic into the meat that all I did. YUM![p]

Comments