Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Peach Cobbler

Options
Gandy Dancer
Gandy Dancer Posts: 273
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Got the recipe from Martha. Easy to do and good. You can use any fruit.

IMG_0003.jpg

Martha

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Dang! Must be the season. Did one w/peaches and blueberries yesterday. "Borrowed" the recipe from Paula Deen.

Cobbler, Mango, Richard Fl

100_1164.jpg

INGREDIENTS:
    1/2 Cup Butter, 1 Stick
    3/4 Cup Sugar
    3/4 Cup Flour, Self Rising
    1 Cup Milk
    1/2 Tsp Cinnamon, optional
    Fruit
    2 Cups Mangos, Fresh, Peaches or similiar fruit works great
    1/2 Cup Blueberries, Fresh
    1/2 Cup Raspberries, Fresh
    2-3 Tbs Coconut Flakes ( Optional )
    Syrup
    2 Ozs Gran Marnier ( Optional )
    1 Cup Sugar
    1/2 Cup Water, or Syrup from canned friut
    Vanilla Ice Cream for Serving

Procedure;
    MOST IMPORTANT DO NOT STIR THE VARIOUS LAYERS OF THE MIXTURE
    1 In a bowl; mix the fruit, 1 cup sugar and 1/2 cup water or syrup. Set aside
    2 Preheat oven to 350°F
    3 Put butter in a 13 by 9 by 2 inch baking dish and place in the oven to melt. Stir 3/4 cup sugar and flour together. Slowly add milk and continue stirring to prevent the flour from getting lumpy. If you like cinnamon, 1/2 tsp goes in next.
    4 Being VERY CAREFUL not to burn yourself, remove the hot baking dish containing melted butter from the oven; pour batter directly over butter in baking dish. DO NOT STIR.
    5 Spoon drained fruit on top of batter, then gently pour syrup on top. DO NOT STIR. The most important part of this dish is NOT STIRRING. Sprinkle coconot flakes over top, if using.
    6 Bake 30-45 minutes or until top is golden brown. The batter will rise above the fruit, producing a very wonderful crust. Let set for 30-45 minutes and serve with vanilla ice cream
    BGE Version:
    1 Large BGE, Indirect, 375°F, Plate setter, legs down. feet under the pan. 60-75 minutes.NO SMOKE

Yield: 8-10 Servings

Recipe Type
    Dessert

Recipe Source
    Source: BGE Forum, Richard Fl, 2007/08/05

This recipe started as a peach cobbler on the Food Network by the Lady and Sons, Paula Deen, 2006

2008/07/27---Richard Fl

Just did a batch with peaches and blueberries. Could not find the flour so used Aunt Jamima Buttermilk Pancake mix instead of flour. Will do this substitution again. Great crust.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    do you have a seperate cobbler file?

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• TBQue
    TBQue Posts: 103
    Options
    I made the recipe out of the BGE manual that comes with the egg. I have had 4 times in 2 weeks. My family thinks it is one of the best things I have ever cooked. I don't even like peaches and I thought this was outstanding!!!! Easy to make and great for a dinner party. I put it on the egg as were sitting down for dinner and served it with Blue Bell vanilla ice cream. CROWD PLEASER!!