Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Peach Wood???

Options
vidalia1
vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a peach tree which has produced some delicious fruit for the first time ever this year. After the last peaches come off I will need to cut back some branches. Most of these are anywhere from 1" to 3" around.

When I cut these should I save them and let them dry out to use as smoking wood? If so, how long do they need to dry out before I use them for smoking?

Any and all suggestions are appreciated...

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    I would just scrap them Kim.

Let me bring the truck over and I'll haul them off for ya. :evil:

Seriously, this is good smoking wood.

Seriously, let me haul some of it off for ya....
  • vidalia1
    Options
    After all of your help you certainly are entitled to at least one limb..... :laugh:

I will have cut the limbs by Sept 13 so plan on coming by for a limb and some grub...

how is the vacation???
  • Fidel
    Options
    Vacation is good, but I am growing weak from a lack of egged food and bored for not being able to egg.

I've worn my egghead T-shirts 3 days in a row now.

Hopefully lunch with CWM today will pick up my spirits.
  • vidalia1
    Options
    We will see ya when you get back...I bet the Egg shirt smells good after 3 days... :woohoo:
  • Fidel
    Options
    Nah, I actually have 3 shirts.....but it's the principle that counts.
  • vidalia1
    Options
    Agreed.... :silly:
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    that is funny!!!

we just got back from charleston yesterday i went around and wore my egg shirt was dissapointed that no one mentioned it :( wore my steelers shirt twice and people were yelling at me from across the street :laugh:

anyway next time you go to charleston you have to try a resturant we found near where you stayed last time ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb