Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

lilac wood

Options
lowercasebill
lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
neighbor is cutting down lots of old lilacs. should i grab some??
thanks
bill

Comments

• Mike in Abita
    Mike in Abita Posts: 3,302
    Options
    Grab a litle to start with. Fire up the egg and do a dry run, no food just cook the lilac. If it smells like something you'd like to eat then go for it.

If it smells like an egg stored in an old shoe that was kept in a high school gym locker for 12 months, then I'd pass. :woohoo:
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    I would think green pieces would taste different than dried pieces.

You might try some chicken parts when testing. The chicken will pick up the flavor well.

Let us know if you like it. I am looking at a huge lilac bush that needs some trimmin itself.

GG
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    i will take your advice and throw it on after i egg next will let you know . got to go clean up the basement and yard. the center of the storm was at my house !. first time the younger son has seen [and felt] hail .[he is 24] "ouch dad this stuff stings." :laugh:
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    thanks i will give it a try and let you know. off to clean up after the storm. hail is generally not a good sign :whistle:
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    yeah. great with lamb, especially
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante