Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mainegg, How was your dinner last night?

Options
Bacchus
Bacchus Posts: 6,019
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum

Comments

• BoneDaddy's
    BoneDaddy's Posts: 257
    Options
    made a basil and mozz pizza...looked ugly, but tasted great...forgot to add lump so i could only get the egg to 500
    Bone Daddy's Competition BBQ & Catering
  • EggME
    EggME Posts: 116
    Options
    Yeah I'm interested in knowing if you sold your brother in law on a new egg?
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    LOL it was great. I will nuke the bacon a little next time before wrapping the asparagus. The lobsters were steamed perfect, the only non egg thing LOL and the scallops and shrimp were pretty tastie. The big hit was the peaches. I had cut them and put a sprinkle of brown sugar on them and drizzled with peach schanps and covered and the sat for about 3 hours till we grilled them. When I took dinner off and turned down the egg I just set the whole bowl of them cut side up right on the egg indirect at around 325 and left them till we were ready for desert about 45 min i think. then I tipped out the juice into the bowl and put them cut side down to grill a little and jumped up the temp for just 3-4 min to give grill marks. served with van ice cream and thin ginger snap cookies. poured the sauce out of the bowl over it. it was wonderful!! I will do these many times more. You could even chunk up the peaches and pour in a little snachps and brown sugar and let simmer a little on the egg. Then serve over ice cream. all in all very good. no pics as they think I am weird enough with out me sticking a camera in the plates of food! LOL
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    I think there is an egg in his future :)