Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Butt vs. Wings

Options
BarbieQ
BarbieQ Posts: 41
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A friend is throwing a bash next Thursday night and I want to make my contribution from the Egg. These are all "food people" and are not always easily impressed so I'd like to do something really great. I'm thinking of pulled pork, but I would have to cook it Saturday night into Sunday and hold it until Thursday. Any reheating tips? Will it still be just as good, or should I think of an alternative, like perhaps GFW's hot wings? These I could probably do the night before and reheat. I know they're great freshly cooked, but has anyone ever tried reheating them? I have never had any left over to test.

Comments

• Joel Ferman
    Options
    BarbieQ,
    Well I would HIGHLY suggest NOT holding anything in your fridge for a week after it's cooked.... especially if you aim to impress. What I would reccomend is go the beef route. You can fire up a nice brisket, tri-tip roast, prime rib, etc etc without spending 20hrs cooking. (not that 20hr cooks are bad :-D ) Hell to be honest with you, the quickest, easiest, and arguably the cheapest solution would be to bring a few spatchcooked chickens (or a turkey). Just throw them on the Egg 1 hr before you go to the party, then your good to go, and have hot food to bring. It also tastes great warm/cold. Ahhh man, all this food talk has go tme hungry..... I guess its New York Strip time.
    Good Luck my friend,
    -Joel

• BarbieQ
    Options
    Joel Ferman,
    I'm sure you're right--I'd be better off cooking something at the last minute. Now I'm thinking maybe smoked salmon. Thanks for your input!