Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Pizza anyone

SSN686SSN686 Posts: 3,244
edited 11:05AM in EggHead Forum
Morning All:

For some reason we couldn't decide what to have tonight and finally EggHatter said "How about pizza?" Like I'm going to say no to that! :laugh: The only problem was we didn't have any idea if we had any of the ingredients. First she said she should be able to make the dough. She used her bread machine for that (worked just fine). Next what did we have for toppings. We looked and found some hamburger. We also had some pulled pork from what I did last week, plus a fatty that was done on Friday and some bacon bits (yes, a meat pizza). She added black olives and mushrooms to her half. Oh yeah, need sauce too. She rummaged through the cabinets and created some delish sauce from tomato paste and other stuff (I didn't ask). Cheese??? We had part of a package of a Italian 6-cheese blend and a partial block of Asiago.

Here it is ready to go on the Egg!
P7170062.jpg

and on the Egg (temp at about 400 to 425)
P7170064.jpg

Finished product :)
P7170066.jpg

and a close-up
P7170070.jpg

Not bad for a spur-of-the-moment effort!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

Comments

• FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,675
    LOL Nice pie but I'm in the opposite boat. Bought all the stuff for pizzas but haven't made them yet. Hope mine turn out as good as yours look Jay.
  • SSN686SSN686 Posts: 3,244
    Morning Pat:

Don't let fear stop you! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Just kidding, I'm sure you have a very good reason why you haven't done a pizza yet. Trust me, it will turn out better than any you can buy from a pizza chain.

Thanks for the kind words on the pizza!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• FidelFidel Posts: 10,172
    That is one terrific looking pie.
    Morning Rod:

Thanks! For a "what will we have for dinner tonight" to this, was nice.

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,675
    Typo on my part. I've made a few but bought all the makings Monday but haven't cooked them yet. Tomorrow or saturday and hope they come out as good as yours look. One is gonna be chicken with mushrooms, peppers and garlic alfredo sauce, the others traditional.
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Dang good lookin pizza Jay! -RP
  • Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Not until you posted. :laugh: Do you do carry out to Missouri?
    Gosh thats good.

Mike
  • Pork Butt MikePork Butt Mike Posts: 2,584
    Hey Jay thats a nice looking pie. That 6 cheese blend I use a lot for my pies. Good Eats.
    Morning Randy:

Thank you sir, just trying to match some of that great looking food you & Kim keep showing us!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

Morning Mike:

Don't do carry-out, especially from Florida to Missouri :unsure:

Of course I could always come to the Missouri EggFest??? :ermm:

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

Morning Mike:

Thanks for the kind words! The 6-cheese blend is good. We didn't follow any of the directions on the disc, but did take a few minutes to read through it. Maybe next time when we plan more than 5 minutes ahead we will use the info on the disc.

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• Wasted WordsWasted Words Posts: 161
    Great looking Pie Jay, I'm hoping to put together a back to school Pizza Party for my daughter & her friends in a few weeks. Until then I believe I'll put in some practice repititions. :laugh:
    The 6 cheese blend sounds like a good option. :)
  • ViennaJackViennaJack Posts: 357
    Man that is a great looking pie!