Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tonight's Chow--TREX'd Chops !

Options
AlwaysGolf
AlwaysGolf Posts: 704
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Haven't posted a lot lately because I have cooked for guests lately and didn't have time to take pics. Picked up some thick cut pork chops from the meat market the other day. Rubbed with salt, pepper and olive oil. Seared at 500*, then brought egg down to 400 and roasted about 4-5 minutes per side until 145*.
Wifey made mac and cheeese and steamed some veggies with potatoes, broccoli(sp),carrots. She sauted some onions and mushrooms also. Also picked up a 6lb pork butt which is still on, will be used for tomorrows night dinner and frozen for beans in the future.

Chops before going on:
DSC01490.jpg

Searing:
DSC01494.jpg

DSC01495.jpg

Coming off:
DSC01497.jpg

Plated:
DSC01499.jpg

Pork Butt for tomorrow and future uses only 6 hrs in:
DSC01496.jpg

The Helpers:
DSC01491.jpg

Comments

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Nice AG. always like big chops. The wife's sides sound great too. My guest's have gotten used to me telling them to step back for the pics. They still think I'm crazy but they are used to it now. :silly:
  • Mike in Abita
    Mike in Abita Posts: 3,302
    Options
    If I have the math right? It would be one for your wife, one for your daughter, and one for you. That leaves three for me. :woohoo:

Excellent looking cook, and great looking family. Thanks
  • BamaFan
    BamaFan Posts: 658
    Options
    Great looking cook Sir ! My wife and stepson are die hard Nole fans stuck with a die hard Alabama fan. I pull for the Noles when they are not playing BAMA.
  • Pork Butt Mike
    Pork Butt Mike Posts: 2,584
    Options
    Nice looking chops. Now thats the way to do it with the bone in, so much more flavor. Happy Egging
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    Beautiful Girls! Food looks good too.
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    The chops are nearly as beautiful as your family, AG.
  • AlwaysGolf
    AlwaysGolf Posts: 704
    Options
    The chops are rally good, if you haven't tried them I suggest you do. Wife doesn't eat beef so this is our ribeye/flatiron steak meal.

Mike in Abita--your math is off a little, the real chow hound (17 yr old son) never seems to want to get in the pic. So never really alot of leftovers. He already has plans to make him so lunch for his schlitterbahn trip tomorrow with the pork butt that is on the grill.

Thanks all for the compliments it does help to cook when there are two cuties waiting for you. Well, three if you count the son, got to get him started on the egg;)