Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Jamaica mon! anybody been there?

Options
2»

Comments

• AlaskanC
    AlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    Options
    Well, as delightful as that sounds, I don't think it would be much of a vacation for you. :)
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    I wish I could remember the name of a best place we went, I was up on a cliff overlooking a fishing harbour. The fish was right off the boat. It was called Danny's or Pappy's or something like that. They had live calypso and raggae players.
    The cabbie charged us like thirty bucks a day and he took us through the shantytowns and parks and the falls. The food was fantastic everywhere we went. Curried goat and rice and peas are to die for. There is a big market for the cruise ships but when there are no ships in it is a great place to hang around too.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Rick's Tropical Delight
    Options
    i think you might just sit in the pool and snap your fingers and get great jerk at that place! :woohoo:
  • Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Options
    We went on our honeymoon about 5 years ago. Plane ride was great. Air Jamaica was first class. Although when we landed in Montego Bay we were told we qualified for another small flight to our resort (Sandals, Ocho Rios). We took it because of the horror stories we had heard of the bus ride. Little did we know the flight was a small 10 passenger twin engine (flew by a 16 year old it appeared) and we landed in a grass field in ocho rios. I felt like I was running drugs landing in a grass field in Bogota or something. :woohoo: It was beutiful though. Flew right up the coast about tree top high. I would not recommend leaving you resort without a rep. tour guide. We went to ocho to shop with a guide and it was an experience. Alot of hagglin and stuff. You can get things cheap , but I felt kinda unsafe. All in all I would say the coast is beutiful. Resorts are awesome. Country is kinda a dump. Hope this helps. We enjoyed our trip but I wouldnt go back.