Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Loin (Hungry Man Single Serving) Tagine Style

Options
thebtls
thebtls Posts: 2,300
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Cooked up a Single Serving (Hungry Man Size) of Pork Loin and vegetables. Stewed up in a Tagine for a very flavorful one dish dinner. Ready from start to finish in 90 minutes (fire up the grill; prepare ingredients and 60 minute cook).

DSC00287.jpg

Ingredients
4 medium carrots, peeled and sliced in half lengthwise
1 10 oz. Pork Loin butter flied
Lysanders Pork Rub (to taste)
2 Medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
1 large green bell pepper, cut in chunks
6 green onions, sliced in ½ inch pieces
2 small tomatoes sliced thin
Large handful of Baby Spinach
4 cloves garlic, sliced thin
Garlic Pepper and Garlic Salt (to taste)
8 tbsp EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
1 cup of Chicken Broth

Preparation and Cooking
1. Rub Pork Loin and set aside.

DSC00281.jpg

2. Pour 5 tbsp of EVOO on the bottom of the tagine and begin layering ingredients evenly, starting with carrots then going in order they are written in the ingredients list above. The carrots must be on the bottom and the chicken pieces should be on top of the carrots, not touching the bottom of the tagine.
3. Sprinkle salt and pepper evenly over the top the vegetables and then drizzle the remaining olive oil all over.
4. Close your tagine and cook until your vegetables are tender; on indirect heat (use a plate setter and stabilized Egg at 350 degrees). Check the tagine about 30 minutes in to assure that you still have liquid so the vegetables won’t burn. Remove after 60 minutes and let the tagine rest for 10 minutes and then serve.

JB Weld holding up JUST FINE!

DSC00286.jpg

Visit my BLOG!
Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241

Comments