Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Life is good

Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've had two very large margaritas, three fantastic Atomic Buffalo Turds and a brief look at a large Spatchcocked Chicken that is due to come off the Egg in five minutes. If that ain't living, nothing is.[p]Spring Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Spring Chicken, I'm here to tell you that this weekend the Mrs and I entertained a good friend of ours from Friendswood, TX and his 33 year old son from Austin. It was kick-*ss BGE pizzas Friday night and equally good baby back ribs Saturday. Made BGE believers out of them Texans we did!!!
    BTW they confirmed what you said recently about that sinful ice cream, Blue Bell brand, you folks have down there!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    RRP,
    Pizza used to be a Friday night staple around here but that awful word "diet" entered the picture. The Margarita's and ABT's were a treat today only because I did some serious physical work to deserve them. Then the Spatchcocked Chicken was dinner. It was good, to say the least, and we have some leftovers for tomorrow. I even have some Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla in the frig. I might just jump into some of that as a 9:00 PM treat. Diet be damned (for the moment). [p]So if you have your friends hooked on a BGE, you did good, but they are gonna have some catching up to do. At least you got them off to a good start.[p]Spring Chicken

• nikkig
    nikkig Posts: 514
    Spring Chicken,
    We did spatchcock tonight too...all I can say is yum! Have just enough left over for a sammich tomorrow for lunch. Was going to do the ATB's too, but the store was out of jalapenos, and the fresh markets didn't look too fresh. Guess those will have to wait till later this week. Have 14 pounds of butt on tonight, so we will stuff them with PP.