Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dizzy Pig Recommendation

Options
Crüe-B-Cüe
Crüe-B-Cüe Posts: 76
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just got my first shipment of DP rubs in. I have two small tendloins to cook tonight. I figure I will grill them raised direct. Which DP rubs would be good to start out with. I have them all except swamp venom.

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    red eye express is great on pork ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    either cowlick or raising the steaks is great on beef!! put one on each and compare :woohoo: :woohoo:

chances are it was bottled by my daughter, the spawn!!
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    gee, when he said tenderloins i assumed beef. .. wonder which is which ... .
  • Crüe-B-Cüe
    Options
    woops...pork tenderloins
  • Smokin Tiger
    Smokin Tiger Posts: 352
    Options
    So far I like:

Ragin River - salmon, ABT's
    Shakin the Tree - Chicken, Tilapia, pork chops
    Tsunami Spin - Chicken, Tuna
    Cowlick - Steaks, Tri Tip, all beef
    Dizzy Dust - pork chops, ribs, pulled pork
    Swamp Venom is great on wings

I would probably try Shakin the Tree on one of the pork tenderloins and Dizzy Dust on the other.

They are all good so it can be hard to decide.

Im sure other's will add to the list.

Good luck and happy smokin...

TC
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    It don't matter Beef or Pork Red Eye is good. Best on lamb though!!

Dizzy Dust or Shaking the Trees is what I consider best on pork.
  • Crüe-B-Cüe
    Options
    Ended up using Redeye on one. The other I just used Durkee rib & chicken rub. I really liked the Redeye. Wife said it had too much pepper. She's not much on pepper or heat. Cooked them raised direct at about 400. Can't wait to try some of the others. I have a brisket in the fridge waiting for the weekend.
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    There's not very much salt in Chris' products so that my be why the wife didn't like the peppery flavor. Durkee is loaded with salt if memory serves me right.

You're gonna love all of the DP products. I mix some of the Swamp Venom with peanut butter and smear it on sandwiches.

Grandkids don't care for it but I do and isn't that all that counts?
  • Sundown
    Options
    My wife is dying to pry the recipe out of 'the spawn' for her brownies.

What do you think the chances are Max?
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    Slim to none!!
  • Sundown
    Options
    So Pete? You've tried as well?

Damn they were good! For The Little Woman to really want a recipe is something else. MAybe we could ply her with Jack Daniels od some such stuff.
  • Crüe-B-Cüe
    Options
    You are absolutely correct. The Durkee rub is loaded with salt. The only time I ever use it is on a quick grill item like pork tenderloins. I always rub them with evoo then sprinkle a light amount on. I have to go really light on rubs that aren't sugar based with her. I love flavor and heat, so I usually cook multiple cuts of meat. Flavor for mine and bland for hers :P