Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Couple Of First Cooks This Week

Options
02Roush2
02Roush2 Posts: 119
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
First, I tried my hand with a pizza on the BGE. Minimal success. I made a sauce that I found on the forum and I must have done something wrong as it turned out pretty bad! Ate a couple of slices and trashed the rest. I am definitely ready to try again though!
FirstBGEPizzaWholeBrisket001.jpg
Last night/today I did my first whole brisket cook. I was really worried as I took the 10.5 Lb brisket off of the BGE after little more than 8 hrs. I thought this was way too fast but after resting for 4 hrs it turned out pretty darn good!
FirstBGEPizzaWholeBrisket003.jpg

FirstBGEPizzaWholeBrisket004.jpg

Comments

• SWOkla-Jerry
    SWOkla-Jerry Posts: 640
    Options
    Here's an easy sauce recipe someone here posted a while back. I use it all the time on my pizzas. Also, after applying the sauce, be sure to cover with cheese all areas of sauce, otherwise it will burn.

Pizza Sauce

2 tbs Olive oil
    1 can (12 oz) Tomato paste
    1 can (16 oz) Tomato sauce
    1 small Onion diced
    2 cloves Garlic minced
    2 Tbs Italian Seasoning
    1 Tbs Sugar
    1 pinch Salt to taste

Over medium heat, saute onion in olive oil until light brown. Stir in remaining ingredients and bring to boil. Lower heat and simmer until desired thinkness.
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    Good lookin cooks Roush..keep tryin on the pizzas..once you get it..you'll realize they were worth the effort!
  • 02Roush2
    02Roush2 Posts: 119
    Options
    Thanks for the sauce recipe. I'll sure give it a try. I certainly plan to cook more pizza's on the BGE. Everything but the sauce actually came out pretty good. The sauce was just so bad that you had to choke this thing down! After reading (as well as looking at photos)about successful pizza cooks I plan on continuing the quest.