Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Too Early....Reheat Question

Options
BostonEggSox
BostonEggSox Posts: 116
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Based on a couple of Brisket cooks I've tried so far, I figured my latest (12.5#) would take 20+ hours. The plan started like this: on at 12:30 Friday and off at 9:00 am Saturday. Then, foiled in a cooler for 2-3 hours and perfect timing for guests at noon.

Well, I hit my plateau at 166 degrees and started to climb out at 9:15 pm. By 11:00 pm we hit 180 deg. I'm guessing that this bad boy will be out by 4:00 am, unless I hit another desired plateau (hopeful, still at 180 at 11:40). All this at 210/220 dome.

If I have to pull out of the cooler by 8:00 am or earlier....

A) Slice, bag, fridge, reheat?
or
B) Keep whole, foil, fridge, reheat?

The LGE will be going all day Saturday, so I plan to reheat at 200 deg until I hit 150 degrees.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Mike in Abita
    Mike in Abita Posts: 3,302
    Options
    Keep it whole. Wrap it in foil and add 1/2 cup beef broth, coke, Dr.Pepper, rootbeer, chicken broth, or even water to the package. Then reheat in the egg or oven. Once it comes up to temp then slice serve and enjoy. Don't forget ot take photos, we like photos. :lol:
  • BostonEggSox
    BostonEggSox Posts: 116
    Options
    Thanks Mike.....

I have several pictures that capture the entire journey. I'll post them after the final product is sliced in a new post.

One last question..

What's a good temp to pull if reheating?

btw: Still at 182, that's only 2 degrees in roughly 2 hours. There may be hope.....