Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

All American Cook.....

BamaFanBamaFan Posts: 658
edited 5:54PM in EggHead Forum
but nothing special. We enjoyed it. Burgers and dogs.
Burgers with DP Raising The Steaks.

DSC04597.jpg

Nathans Hot Dogs...I put some serious apple wood smoke on these for about an hour. The were my favorite.

DSC04599.jpg

DSC04600.jpg

Comments

• BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    Awesome Bama. I would love to see more burger pics on here. You can make them in so many different ways. I might try to stuff some with feta cheese and sun dried tomato's soon.
    Gotta love those Nathan's Dogs for sure. Little bit of Guacamole, Hot Salsa, shredded cheese, and sour cream....YUM!
  • crawdadcrawdad Posts: 115
    You cooked them direct for an hour? Low and slow dogs...sounds great to me! I love a bbq'd hot dog.
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,675
    Perfect all American cook for the holiday. Which baseball game did you have on?
  • "Sparky""Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Lookin good Bama.Did you save a burger for me? :lol: ;)
  • BamaFanBamaFan Posts: 658
    The stepson and family took the rest home. Sorry :ohmy: Good for me so I can EGG something different in the next day or two.
    Watching HGTV with the wife. Good Times. :)
  • Mike in AbitaMike in Abita Posts: 3,302
    Lookin good. Thanks for sharing.
    I may be crazy but I like mine with mayo, mustard sharp cheddar and vidalia onion.
    Your statement about Jesus and The American Soldier are so true. Nice Job.
    I shut the bottom vent down and when the temp got to 300 I thru the wood chunk on and let them cook from the heat that was alredy in the EGG !
  • BoxerpapaBoxerpapa Posts: 989
    Ain't it great to be an American? Had the same thing myself today. For some reason, the Egg even makes hotdogs taste better.
    Yes it does. It's all about the Freedom. So much of the time we take it for granted.
  • East Cobb EggyEast Cobb Eggy Posts: 1,162
    Finished product pics on the cook, please??

;)

Greg
  • Ross in VenturaRoss in Ventura Posts: 7,233
    I bet Nathans Dogs are real good on the Egg.
    Ross
  • Beanie-BeanBeanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    What dome temp did you set to be able to cook hot dogs for an hour without a plate setter? Also, did you have to keep turning the dogs? That's awesome! If I tried that, I'd end up with something resembling lump :)

Thanks!
    Had it at 350 while cooking the burgers. Basically shut down the bottom vent threw on a couple of applewood chunks and checked them every 10 minutes to make sure they were not burning. Raised grid with the woo2.