Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Long term Brisket

Options
Jim R.
Jim R. Posts: 103
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Started 3+ Brisket 10am. Fire held at 250 like a rock (with Mickeys T's rings)Still only at 180,it was a choice cut and just the flat.The one thing that I did wrong,(that I can think of)not letting the meat sit out for 45 minutes or so.Just let it sit or jack up the temp?

Comments

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    Jim R,[p]That puppy has got to be past the plateau and ready.
    Poke it with your polder and if it slides in and out easily, pull it off, wrap it in foil, let it rest at least 30 minutes and chow.
    Let us know how it turns out.
    Cheers![p]WD

• Jim R.
    Options
    WooDoggies,
    Your the man!!!Went out and it had popped up to 90 checked with polder,slid in and out and served.This was small but just about the best meat from the BGE,and thats hard to say with all the "butts" that have been great.

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Jim R,
    Nice work Jim (and WD). Briskets are like magic when they come out right. Sounds like you did that piece-o-chest righteously.[p]Beers to you....on a full stomach of course!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Jim R.
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Got so excited I cooked up a salmon fillet,just a little olive oil and garlic pepper.Searching for more,really over the edge(BGE).Side note: the fire was perfect for the salmon on the grill extender at 350.About five pounds of fun tonight.