Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

grill extender - medium

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
just got a grill extender for my medium egg, and it doens't fit!

apparently, its one size fits all for XL, large and medium. but if I put in the platesetter, then the grill and then the extender I can't close the lid!

HELP!!

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    you are correct, Cory. That set up works for the XL and Large but not the medium. What I do instead is to lay 2 firebricks on their backs on the main grate to serve as the deflector - but of course you still only have one grilling surface.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Unknown
    Options
    dang!

i think i'll trade it in on a half moon raised grid
  • DynaGreaseball
    DynaGreaseball Posts: 1,409
    Options
    Or try making one out of a Weber 13-1/2 inch grate.

DSCN3033.jpg

DSCN3136.jpg

Still not as much grate space as the Large and X-Large, but a help...Be careful of your BGE thermomether probe when you close the dome.
  • Stanley
    Stanley Posts: 623
    Options
    I have the DynaGreaseball special AND a half moon. Both very handy. Might want to look at JLOCKHART29's toggle bolt version posted earlier today under Raised Grid Question.
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    Not sure if the plate setter is supposed to be used in the MBGE grid extender configuration...

Hope you're doing well. It's hotter than you-know-what here in Texas. Hope that you can make it down again next year. Take care!