Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

transporting BGE

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Have been given a BGE, I just need to take it. Is it easy to dis assemble for transport? Also, how fragile are they. Never even heard of these things until the other day and now I can't wait to bring it home. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Comments

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    I transported a large Egg from Waldorf back to NC in a wooden holder. When I bought my first Egg, I took it home just sitting up in the back of my Explorer and a few things propped up against it to keep it from tipping. They are not terribly fragile from the standpoint of being moved in a car.

When you get it home, if you have bought an Egg nest to put it in, remember to always pull the nest, never push it. It can tip over if you push it and a wheel hits a pebble or a gap in the boards on your deck. The Egg is quite fragile if you drop it or tip it over on a hard surface.
    The Naked Whiz
  • EggDealer 1
    Options
    Only thing i would reccomend is to take out your Firebox and firering. Should lighten the load quite a bit. Other than that DRIVE CAREFULLY B)