Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cooks of the week

Options
JPF
JPF Posts: 592
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A few shots of some of the egg food of the week.

More Flat irons and had the steak for lunch one day later.

062807001.jpg

062807019.jpg

062807022.jpg

had some chicken breast

062807014.jpg

Had some skyline 3 way style

062807004.jpg

More abt's

062807008.jpg

And some chicken

062807026.jpg

Been a good week of eggn here. Ribs and salmon today. Have a great day everybody. John

Comments

• NibbleMeThis
    NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
    Options
    Hey John,

How do you like those Famous Dave rubs? I've never tried them but I tasted their finishing sauce at a catered lunch and thought it was pretty good.
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • JPF
    Options
    I like it pretty well. I have just started trying them in the last few weeks. I saw them at kroger and I am always open to new things. I have usued the rib/pork rub on just about everything and it's great. I did yesterdays chicken with the chicken rub and liked it too. The burger/steak is not really to my style. Cowlick is hard to beat! The sauce is ok too but I really like Daves low carb sauce the best. Might be Old Dave not sure but I got here on the forum some while back.

062908014.jpg
  • TomM24
    TomM24 Posts: 1,366
    Options
    Everyones tastes are different. I threw out my Famous Dave's Rubs and Sauce, If my memory is good they had too much salt.
  • JPF
    Options
    yeah the steak/burger powder seems too salty for my taste. The rib rub was the one I liked the most. I duno if I just like more salt on pork or what? And yes I agree everyone has diffrent taste. That's what I tell folks when we talk about good BBQ. Some don't like what others belive to be the worlds best! I think in my humble opinion it has a lot to do with what you were brought up eating. My dad always cooked on oak, I still like that, I use Ozark oak lump here. Just my opinion. I have no formal training on any of this just Arkie redneck knowgledge. hi hi Good day
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    We always said that the best BBQ you ever had, was within 50 miles of where you grew up.
  • JPF
    Options
    Just a follow up on this not sure if you will see it since it has already scrolled to the second page. Today I usued this rub for a rack of spares. I put more rub on it than I have anything else I have tried it on to date. It was salty My wife didn't think so but she has a addiction to salt in my opinion. Maybe ok if I cut back the amount of rub.