Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Inspired by Central ILL Egger

Austin Smoker
Austin Smoker Posts: 1,467
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
As I posted last week, I've been trying to eat healthier and yesterday Central IL Egger made a post that inspired me. So here goes:

Started simple, some Boneless, Skinless Yardbird breasts marinated in EVOO, salt, pepper and JH Pecan. Add to that a Red Bell, a Poblano and some green onions - a little EVOO, salt and pepper, and a little minced garlic on the veggies.
IMG_0611.jpg

First, took the veggies to a 400 egg to roast:

After the turn:
IMG_0613.jpg

Brought the veggies in when they were done and rolled them up inside the breasts, adding a nice chunk of fresh mozzerella:
IMG_0614.jpg

Here is one rolled up, and held together by a couple toothpicks:
IMG_0616.jpg

Onto a 400 degree egg with after adding a couple chunks of Pecan - first time I've ever used Pecan - will NOT be the last, really nice, mild flavor!
IMG_0617.jpg

7 minutes per side and they're done!
IMG_0618.jpg

The color and flavor were outstanding. The Pecan smoke really soaked into the veggies and the chicken stayed very juicy wrapped around those veggies! YUM! Thanks again Central IL Egger

Comments