Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thick cut pork chops

Options
NibbleMeThis
NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I made some of the best and juiciest pork chops I've ever had this week.

I loosely based it on this recipe but changed the brine to just 2 cups water, 2 cups apple juice, 1/4 c salt and 3/4 c brown sugar.

After a good two hour soak, I rinsed them off and hit them with some Billy Bones Competition (green label) rub.

I seared them at 550f for 90 seconds a side (could have gone a bit longer). Then I tossed in one small chunk of hickory, put in the plate setter, and brought the egg down to 400f. I let the chops roast until they hit 145f internal.
DSC_0484Medium.jpg

After a 10 minute rest I served them with parmesan roasted asparagus, bourbon glazed carrots, and rice.
DSC_0488Medium.jpg

My 19 y/o son and his friend both agreed they were the best ever. That's what I like about the egg...I am constantly outdoing my previous cooks :)
Knoxville, TN
Nibble Me This

Comments

• PedroWuzHere
    Options
    That looks great, thank you for the inspiration for my next meal
  • TomM24
    TomM24 Posts: 1,366
    Options
    That looks very good. I have never brined a pork chop. We usually have them on a weekday since it is a quick cook. If I do it first thing I think I get two hours of brining in withiout eating to late. I'll try it soon.
  • bgsuvinc
    bgsuvinc Posts: 3
    Options
    so were the pork chops 1.5 inches thick or ?  looks delicious too.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Holy resurrection Batman.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Options
    Um, there aren't any pictures.  I gather there used to be, and I think this has happened with some other people who use PhotoBucket.  (You do know that you can upload your photos directly to this forum without having to mess with PhotoBucket, right?)  But they're not there right now.  Here's what I see:

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Theophan said:
    Um, there aren't any pictures.  I gather there used to be, and I think this has happened with some other people who use PhotoBucket.  (You do know that you can upload your photos directly to this forum without having to mess with PhotoBucket, right?)  But they're not there right now.  Here's what I see:

It’s a dead end.  Funny how people reach so far back without knowing.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga