Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Can't find recipe for "Atomic Buffalo Turds"

Options
QBabe
QBabe Posts: 2,275
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Only about a month or so ago, someone posted a recipe for Atomic Buffalo Turds, but I searched the archives and it keeps telling me that the page cannot be found. Saw a thread below from nikkig...if it was your hubby, would you mind posting it again...they looked great! I have some leftover PP to use and thought this might be fun...Thanks! [p]

Comments

• nikkig
    nikkig Posts: 514
    Options
    QBabe,
    I wasn't home when he did them , so I will just post what he did on the forum.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I used 2 lbs of fresh jalapenos (about 30 count 2-3 inch), 2 8oz blocks of cream cheese, 2 packs bacon... and I pulled a 2 pound pork roast (hickory smoked) I prepared last night for this. I ended up using about 2/3 of it on the turds.
    On the grill for about 30 minutes around 325-350deg. Also smoked the turds with a small amount of maple wood.
    I used a raised grid since I have a tendancy to flame food on the lower grid LOL.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[p]I beleive the method is to cut the jalapenos in half and seed them. Put some cream cheese and meat in the middle, wrap with bacon, secure with a toothpick, and cook till the bacon is done. He has also done them with ground meat and said those turned out well also. [p]The full post is linked below if you would like to see what others had to say. Hope this helps![p]~nikki

[ul][li]Buffalo Turd Post[/ul]
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    QBabe,
    I had some last night and they were fantastic. I got this recipe from one posted on the Forum. I forget who but I thank him. Easy and fast and delicious. Go for it.[p]ATOMIC BUFFALO TURDS

All I can say is that these things are awsome. What you will need is some fresh jalapenos, cream cheese, bacon, and some kind of meat like pulled pork, little smokie sausages, brisket, just anything you want. Cut the stems off the peppers and then cut them in half lengthwise. Remove the seeds and veins. Now in each half put some cream cheese then a chunk of whatever kind of cooked meat you decided to use, then wrap it with a strip of bacon and secure together with a toothpick. For the brave (or stupid), you can put a sliver of habanero in there also. Now smoke or grill just until the bacon is done and enjoy with a nice cold beer. [p]Spring Chicken

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    QBabe,
    Please let us know how they come out. I just got back from the store and picked the peppers up and a container of honey nut creame cheese. Also got some honey maple bacon, have not any meat yet, maybe tomorrow.[p]Here is a thought,
    because I realize recipes can be hard to find, I sometimes will send the file to myself and put it in a separate folder till I have time to print it out. [p]Thankfully the forum always comes through went I do have my senior moments.
    Happy Egg-n
    New Bob

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    nikkig,[p]Thanks...they look yummy! Can't wait to try them...![p]QBabe
    :-)

• Toe 49
    Toe 49 Posts: 193
    Options
    QBabe,[p]Just a warning......I made these last Super Bowl and my guests liked them but I had a problem with them....[p]During the first half I cut and seeded the peppers and got them ready to put on at half time. I washed up but apparently did not wash well enough. I sat down for the half time show but realized the Corona was flowing through me quickly so I got up to relieve myself.....well being a guy I can do this standing up......apparently not knowing the pepper juice was still on my hands.......[p]I watched the 2nd half with an ice pack "down there"....[p]Everyone got a big kick out of it except myself....a few days later I got a package in the mail from one of the guests.....package of 500 disposable plastic gloves!!![p]Be careful and don't wipe your eyes!!!
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Toe 49,
    Having worked in a sausage kitchen and handling dried pepper spices, I can appreciate what you're saying. Have been there and done that. (more then once,shame on me)[p]I will say that you probably won't let that happen again so cook on and look at is as a learning experience that you're not likely to forget.
    Have a great week,
    New Bob