Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Biscotti & no-knead bread

Options
Boatman
Boatman Posts: 854
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Made some biscotti for the first time, came out great. Wifey said best she ever had....I personally don't care for the stuff but made it as a surprise for her. Also a couple of no knead bread for friends. You make the call B)
Biscotti
IMG_1094.jpg
No knead bread
IMG_1096.jpg

Comments

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Awesome looking bread...can you share the biscotti recipe?
  • Boatman
    Boatman Posts: 854
    Options
    Here you go....

BISCOTTI
    FORMULA
    1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
    2 cups all-purpose flour
    pinch of salt
    1 teaspoon anise seeds
    2 teaspoons honey
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    2 eggs
    1 cup whole almonds (I used shaved)
    1 tablespoon granulated sugar, for coating

EQUIPMENT
    One medium mixing bowl
    Platesetter & pizza stone
    Parchment paper
    Pastry brush

PROCESS

Mix all dry ingredients. add wet ingredients and mix just until combined. Stir in almonds. Divide dough into three equal parts.

On a floured surface, roll each piece into a log about one inch thick. Transfer log to parchment paper. Use platesetter and pizza stone. Brush with egg and coat with sugar. Egg at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes on pizza stone.

Cool approximately 5 minutes, or long enough that you can touch it, but they are still soft. Remove the biscotti from the pizza stone. With a knife, cut the biscotti on a slight bias to finger-width thickness.

Arrange the cut biscotti pieces on the parchment paper and recook for an additional 5 minutes at 400 degrees. Enjoy your biscotti.
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Thanks much. I can't wait to try these...