Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

All is well

Options
Warthog
Warthog Posts: 84
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well,
After 15 hours and 10lbs of lump, I pulled the butts.

Here is the results from start to finish:
DSC00005.jpg
Started with 14lbs from Costco

DSC00006.jpg
Put them on last night, coated with Butt rub, and injected with Butt rub, vinegar, Worcestershire, corn syrup

DSC00009.jpg
Pulled this morning at 10:00 a.m. Woke up to the maverick going off at 5:00 a.m. with a grid temp of 194. Thanks again to Celtic Wolf for walking me through it. I ran through 8lbs of Full Circle and was down to a few coals. Pulled everything off and filled it back up with BGE. Brought the temp back up rather quickly and the rest of the cook was problem free.
DSC00010.jpg

Foiled and rested for an hour before pulling it.

DSC00011.jpg

Now the only thing left it do is eat it. Overall, it was a good cook. I am disappointed in the quality of the Full Circle. I used BGE or Wicked Good exclusively in the past. Just picked the wrong cook to try out a new one.

Warthog

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Looks great. Good job and lesson learned.
    Molly
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    Looks good, Warthog. Let us know how it tasted!
  • Warthog
    Warthog Posts: 84
    Options
    Jeffersonian,
    It was VERY good! Extremely moist and very flavorful. It had one of the best smoke rings I have seen. I am more curious to see if anyone else had similar problems with the lump that I had. I can't believe how quickly it burned up at those temps.

Warthog