Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

As promised - bread recipe

Options
FearlessGrill
FearlessGrill Posts: 695
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A week or so ago, someone asked for bread recipes, and I promised to start making some bread in the Egg and posting the recipes here. Here's the 1st one - my wife requested this for her birthday.

Olive & Rosemary Focaccia (Full writeup of the recipe on our blog - http://www.fearlesskitchen.com/2008/06/recipe-my-birth.html

I mixed yeast, 1 1/3 cups water, 2 tbs olive oil, and 2 tsp sugar in the bowl of my stand mixer, and let the yeast proof for 10 minutes. I added 2 cups of flour and 1 tsp salt and mixed on low speed, adding an additional 1 cup flour plus a bit more, until the dough formed a ball on the dough hook. I then increased the speed,and let it knead for 5 minutes. I then added some chopped up kalamata olives and fresh rosemary, and mixed for another minute.

I let the dough rise for 45 minutes, then transferred to a round ceramic bread pan (sorry - can't remember where I got this, or the brand), pressing the dough into the shape of the pan. I started the Egg, bringing it to a temperature of 425 degrees while letting the dough rise for another 20 minutes. My Egg setup can be seen in the picture below - plate setter legs down, with the little green feet supporting the bread pan.

IMG_2546.jpg

I then used my fingertips to poke dimples in the dough, brushed the surface with an additional 1.5 tbs of olive oil, sprinkled with sea salt, pressed 20 whole, pitted kalamata olives into the dough, and added some fresh rosemary. Cooked for about 30 minutes. Came out great.

IMG_2549.jpg

Enjoy!

-John

Comments