Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PhotoBucket????

Options
Eggtucky
Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Ok, I scrolled through 132 posts looking for some info on wth is up with photobucket??..I can no longer access the site..it freaking redirects me to a site called.. http://www.resellercluster.com/ which appears to be a site for reselling hosting services or some such crap...in the posts with pix..I get a big blank white space...any idea wth is up?? I'm sure if most here were seeing what I am there'd be some hell raisin posts on the subject.. but I found nothing in my search :(

Comments

• Eggtucky
    Options
    WOOPS..just answered my own post..my last check revealed this message "IMPORTANT! Photobucket.com problem read here:
    Last night Photobucket.com DNS at register.com was hacked by malicious people that are trying to compromise our business!
    We are in no way affiliated with such bad deeds and cooperate with photobucket in capturing these individuals.
    They have pointed the domain photobucket.com to an account hosted on our systems!
    We have blocked that and photobucked techs have restored the domain pointing to its original location!
    Unfortunately the complete DNS replication usually takes 24-48 hours and during this time caches DNS records might still point to us!
    The normal operation of Photobucket is restored and as soon as the replication is complete there should be no further such issues!
    We would like to empasize that we are in now way resposible for what happens with photobucket and all users bumping accross our systems!
    We are a legitimate web hosting company operating since 2003 and in no way tolerate such hacking attempts!
    If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us at abuse@zettahost.com!
    Thanks for your patience and understanding! "

At least now we know ;)
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    I just uploaded and posted the below pics thru photobucket within the last hour. Haven't had any problems here. Could it be regional?? Hope you get it back soon.
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Options
    I have been seeing the posted pics :huh: It may be a local problem for you :whistle: I just went too PB,no problems.Can you see this?

018-3.jpg
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    works fine for me there was some discussion yesterday about everyone not being able to see picture posts....

2008-5-23003.jpg

but i will keep an eye on it

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    I just got into my account. When I use IE I have trouble, with AOL I don't. :S

Mike
  • Smokin Tiger
    Smokin Tiger Posts: 352
    Options
    I just logged in to Photobucket with no problem. Anyone else have an update on what is going on?

TC
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    ZDnet has an article about it....

http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=1285
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Eggtucky
    Options
    nope..nada...see nutting :angry:
  • FlaPoolman
    Options
    You can't see the Fathers day pics below???
  • Eggtucky
    Options
  • Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    The story is just a front.

It really all Celtic Wolf's fault!!
  • Braddog
    Braddog Posts: 212
    Options
    Each Internet Service Provider utilizes their own DNS servers, the servers that convert human readable names like photobucket.com into IP addresses. There is replication that occurs across these domain servers and that takes time. This is why the site is reachable from some places and not from others (the IE from your ISP vs. browsing from AOHell mentioned in a previous post).

Even if they've "resolved" the issue, the bad information has replicated across thousands of DNS serves on the web and it'll take awhile for the correct information to overwrite it.

In the meantime, let's all use a different site since Photobucket is blocked from my work and I can't see anything from there anyway. ;)

Cheers,
    Braddog
  • FlaPoolman
    Options
    Don't know much about computers but seems it has to be regional or server specific. CW and BB are computer experts, maybe they'll chime in. Wish I could help you but I haven't had any PB problems. Maybe I'm too dumb to get into trouble. :whistle::blush: . Hope it works out for you soon.
  • "Sparky"
    Options
    Check out the big brains on Brad ;) Sorry,couldn't resist.It is my favorite line from Pulp Fiction :lol: :woohoo: ;):)
  • BamaFan
    BamaFan Posts: 658
    Options
    I just logged in on PB and it is working again for me.
  • Eggtucky
    Options
    haha!...one of my fav films of all time!!
  • "Sparky"
    Options
    It was a great flick.I hope you can see some pics soon man :( :woohoo: ;)