Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New small BGE now, or wait for new band?

Options
Steve-O
Steve-O Posts: 302
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I will be passing through Atlanta this week and plan to stop by the BGE store to pick up a new fire box (mine cracked), and a new steel fire grate. I am also toying with the idea of getting a small egg while there, but I hear that the new spring lock hinge MAY be ready by early fall. What is the collective wisdom of the forum - buy now, while I can save shipping, or wait. When the new band becomes available, will BGE put them on all of the smalls in their inventory, or wait until they sell those, making it December or later before a new small will actually ship with the new hinge?

Comments

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Steve-O,
    I would call BGE and ask if they know when the new band will be out and then go from there. Maybe they will work something out with you. Shipping can be a killer depending on how far away you are. Maybe they will sell you a small now and give you a break on buying the band when it comes out. At least you would be able to use it while waiting for the new band.
    New Bob

• WudEyeDoo
    WudEyeDoo Posts: 201
    Options
    Steve-O,
    I hope someone knows the answers to your questions and will post the straight scoop on this. I want a small also and have been waiting, hoping that the new band comes out soon. BGE HQ has been absolutely no help to me on those questions.[p]I called them to ask about the new band for the small. Their response..."What new band?" I said the forum and a couple dealers have said that the new band for the small is just around the corner. "That's news to me", he said. He did acknowledge that it is most likely in the works but he had absolutely no idea on when to expect it. I wasn't too impressed with his willingness to help or try to find out the answers to my question....so here I wait, not knowing if it's for a couple months or years.[p]Bob

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Options
    Steve-O,
    Talk about coincidences. I'll be in Atlanta this weekend; I'm bringing a cracked fire box and a broken grate and I'm considering a small but holding off for the same reasons!