Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Where's the SEARCH?

Options
Big'un
Big'un Posts: 5,909
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I want to search for Ham cooks. But I can't spot the search? Help.

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    its not on every page, click on "forums" and its dead center under the banners
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Big'un
    Options
    Thanks...but still no joy. I clicked on upper left "forums". I'm on .com not .net. I see the words search forum in lot of places but they are not active.
  • Fluffyb
    Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Options
    Look above this open thread. Click on the word search and type in what you are looking for. Hope this makes sense!
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Big'un
    Options
    I'm actually trying to locate your ham recipe. The one with ginger cookies. and /or the double cooked ham. But dang if I can still find the search. :angry: I've used it before, and I see the search letters but they're not active. :angry:
  • Big'un
    Options
    I see the search over the avatar, but that one is not active. Thanks for trying.
  • Big'un
    Options
    This is what I see under the banners.

EggHead Forum | Forum Feedback
    forums | last25 | my profile | threaded view | flat view | help
    Active thread first
  • Old Salt
    Old Salt Posts: 357
    Options
    Punch in cookbook and then pork. You should find ham recipes.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    here you go:::

Pork, Ham, City

INGREDIENTS:
    1 city style (brined) ham, hock end*
    1/4 cup brown mustard
    2 cups dark brown sugar
    1 Oz Bourbon (poured into a spritz bottle)
    2 cups crushed ginger snap cookies

Preparation
    1 Heat oven to 250 degrees F.
    2 Remove ham from bag, rinse and drain thoroughly. Place ham, cut side down, in a roasting pan. Using a small paring knife or clean utility knife set to the smallest blade setting, score the ham from bottom to top, spiraling clockwise as you cut. (If you're using a paring knife, be careful to only cut through the skin and first few layers of fat). Rotate the ham after each cut so that the scores are no more than 2-inches across. Once you've made it all the way around, move the knife to the other hand and repeat, spiraling counter clockwise. The aim is to create a diamond pattern all over the ham. (Don't worry too much about precision here.)
    3 Tent the ham with heavy duty foil, insert a thermometer, and cook for 3 to 4 hours or until the internal temperature at the deepest part of the meat registers 130 degrees F.
    4 Remove and use tongs to pull away the diamonds of skin and any sheets of fat that come off with them.
    Cooking
    1 Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
    2 Dab dry with paper towels, then brush on a liberal coat of mustard, using either a basting brush or a clean paint brush (clean as in never-touched paint). Sprinkle on brown sugar, packing loosely as you go until the ham is coated. Spritz this layer lightly with bourbon, then loosely pack on as much of the crushed cookies as you can.
    3 Insert the thermometer (don't use the old hole) and return to the oven (uncovered). Cook until interior temperature reaches 140 degrees F, approximately 1 hour.
    4 Let the roast rest for 1/2 hour before carving.
    *Cook's note:
    1 A city ham is basically any brined ham that's packed in a plastic bag, held in a refrigerated case and marked "ready to cook", "partially cooked" or "ready to serve". Better city hams are also labeled "ham in natural juices".

Yield: 10 to 15 portions
    Preparation time: 15 minutes
    Cooking time: 6 hours

Recipe Type
    Main Dish, Meat

Recipe Source
    Author: Alton Brown

Source: Food Network, Alton Brown, 04/30/07

Episode#: EA1D06

Copyright © 2006 Television Food Network, G.P., All Rights Reserved

101_0410.jpg

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• WMK
    WMK Posts: 1,747
    Options
    Big'un,

What do you mean by "active". It should be an edit control that you can select and fill in with your search criteria, then press "Enter". At least it works that way for me with Safari, IE7, and FireFox.