Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Weekend Cook - Coffee Crusted Pork Tenderloin

Options
FearlessGrill
FearlessGrill Posts: 695
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Tried QBabe's Coffee Crusted Pork Tenderloin recipe from the Recipes Section of the Forum this past weekend. This came out awesome.

For the most part, I followed the recipe pretty closely, though we were out of onion powder, so I left it out, and added additional cumin instead. I cooked it direct for about 40 minutes at a 325 degree dome temp, tll it reached 145 internal.

Grilled%20Pork%20Tenderloin%201.jpg
As I said, this turned out great. Although we did serve it with some BBQ sauce on the side as recommended in the recipe, it really didn't need it as the complex combination of flavors from the rub were great on their own.

Strongly recommend trying this one at some point.

For details on my cook, check out the detailed writeup on our blog - FearlessKitchen.com.

For those too lazy to check out the recipe section of the forum, here's a repost of QBabe's original recipe:

4 Tbs freshly ground coffee beans • ¾ tsp ground cumin
4 tsp coarse salt, kosher or sea • ¾ tsp ground coriander
4 tsp dark brown sugar • ¾ tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tsp sweet paprika • 1-2 lb pork tenderloin (usually come 2 to a pkg)
1 ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 Tbs canola oil
1 ¼ tsp garlic powder
1 ¼ tsp onion powder

In a small bowl, mix together the coffee, salt, brown sugar, paprika, black pepper, garlic and onion powders, cumin, coriander and cocoa.
Sprinkle the rub on the tenderloins.
Drizzle the tenderloins with oil and rub it in well.
Wrap in plastic wrap and let sit for at least 4 hours (overnight is better).

Preheat the egg to 300° - 325° dome temperature.
Cook tenderloins direct on a raised grid for about 30-45 minutes, flipping every 10 minutes, until they reach an internal temperature of 145°.
Remove from cooker and let rest 5-10 minutes before slicing.

Enjoy!

-John

Comments

• Cecil
    Cecil Posts: 771
    Options
    I love this one, although I think I overdid the rub. I put way too much on, trippled recipe for a crowd, it was a bit overpowering but tasty. The next time it was right on.

Walt