Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Discovery 30 min. from touchdown!!

Options
Beli
Beli Posts: 10,751
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Great having this little Nasa gadget on the Windows Vista Side Bar....keeps real time video & sound from Nasa's mission. Anyone on the forum with experience on the matter??

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    I watch the launches from my back yard about 30 miles away. Egret was at the first launch ever in the VIP section. What do you mean by experience? Here is a site I like.

http://science.ksc.nasa.gov/shuttle/countdown/video/
  • Beli
    Options
    Experience as in having worked for NASA, must be very "exciting".......
  • Beli
    Options
    No wonder.....it moves fast on the graphic display........ it's traveling at 13 times the speed of sound :ohmy:
  • Richard Fl
    Options
    After 30 years in the area I have known several who have worked on the shuttle. One of them retired a few years ago and his "GOLD WATCH" was a tile from one of the shuttles with all the info about which launches the tile had been on etc.

Another friend gets to sit in the commanders chair and do all the preliminary tests prior to launch.

My former son-in-law was an air force para rescue ranger and got to go out and help retrieve the booster rockets.

As I type this just felt the sound wave.
  • Beli
    Options
    Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TKS. ........Gosh Richard what an incredible combination.........watching the shuttle & cooking on the egg all from your backyard.......you are probably the only one with such blessings :) ......
  • Richard Fl
    Options
    Yeh I can be in the pool and/or spa also with a fresh adult beverage. But Flapoolman, BlueSmoke and a few other quiet ones also have the same opportunity.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Boom! Boom.

Not quite the same, but it's available west of you in Orlando, too.

Been in a sailboat just outside the "Danger Zone" for one of the night launches. Fantabulous! :laugh:

Got a pass to be with a foreign News team for a landing. Right on the runway. Could almost count the tiles. ;)

It's an amazing thing. Too bad they're retiring the fleet without a replacement.

BOB
  • Richard Fl
    Options
    The first launch after challenger a group of us rented a 125 passenger paddle wheeler called the "Little River Queen" and went out about 6 AM the launch went off perfectly about 8 AM and we were as close on the water as the security would allow. After 31 years they are all unique and fantastic.