Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

local eggers club in Augusta

Options
Smokin-AJ's
Smokin-AJ's Posts: 99
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just wanted to see if there was a local egger's club in Augusta. I see guys in Atlanta get together all the time for a Saturday and was wondering are there any guys in Augusta who do something similar. I just hate having to drive to ATL to meet up with fellow eggheads... GAS.....YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
    I'll come to a gathering over there next April. I just need tickets.
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    How did you come up with the nickname "Crimsongator"? Please don't tell me you are a former Bama fan who crossed over to the Dark Side........

:evil:

Ron
  • Crimsongator
    Options
    It is much worse. Wife is a Bama grad that married into the dark side. She is such a lucky girl B)
  • Bacchus
    Options
    WOW. Hopefully her family didn't disown her. I guess Bama fans don't consider Gators to be the Antichrist like us DAWG fans do.

Flo-Rida, Sorry to take your posting OT.

RB
  • ProPhotoGA
    ProPhotoGA Posts: 24
    Options
    My wife just bought a Large BGE from Pete's for my father's day gift. Man I love that woman... still in the box as I am building a table and should have it done before the weekend. I would be interested in a get together. I live in Martinez.

Gene
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    I live in Martinez and have at least 15 friends with eggs.
    Larry
  • Crimsongator
    Options
    It's all in good fun and I too enjoy poking fun at other teams. I grew up south of Tampa and have been a Gator all of my life. I ended up graduating from there, so it is only right to continue supporting where the money went.

When we moved to Memphis, I was amazed how rude UT fans could be in general towards Florida (I know we all have rude fans, so don't unload on me if you are a UT fan)
    After a year, I finally got tired of it. They would ask if the rivalry was as big for Florida fans as it was for Tennesse fans. Just to be a pain, I would say, "no, we keep winning"

Some of my favorite games were in Jacksonville. I really like Richt and think he is a class guy. FSU has not been the same quality since he left.

I am always open to talk eggs and football, shoot me an email at geneandtania@bellsouth.net if you ever get close to north Alabama. We'll do lunch at Gibson's.
  • Bacchus
    Options
    Hey Gene, Yes I like to poke fun. I really do hate the Gators though, also the Volunteers. It's hard to describe my hatred really. Chalk it up to the Gaotors literally owning the Dogs for most of recent history, and Tennessee playing the spoiler for Georgia every time we are having a promising season. You gotta stick with your team though. Congrats on your Nat'l championship a couple years ago. I was definately pulling for you guys representing us here in the SEC.

I do travel in Alabama quite a bit actually.....
  • Smokin-AJ's
    Options
    YB and Photo
    We need to get together soon. We have several options around the area to host some "egg-outings". Sounds like it certainly would be fun. Let me know your thoughts. I pretty open right now. My competition schedule does not get going strong until August and then I usually have one comp a month from there till Xmas but I will have plenty time in between.
  • ProPhotoGA
    ProPhotoGA Posts: 24
    Options
    Flo Rida,

Sounds good to me... I am open most Saturday evenings as the wife works nights at MCG.

Gene