Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thank You, Ravnhaus and CitizenQ!

Options
Judy Mayberry
Judy Mayberry Posts: 2,015
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I made the fruit-preserves-filled pork loin roast tonight and it was SOO-PERB. I used boysenberry jam. I have a bunch of boneless pork loin roasts in my freezer from the last time they were on sale, cut in 1-1/2 to 2-lb. chunks so I won't be eating it for a whole week. I made it exactly as directed, using a plate setter upside down to hold the top rack. [p]Thanks to advice from CitizenQ on July 23rd, I kept the bottom vent cracked open just a hair, and used the butterfly top to maintain the 350° temperature. What a difference in control! Truly a no-brainer. Toward the end I put some thick asparagus stalks above the roast on the sides of the V-rack, and put on some really tiny potatoes. They were done when the roast reached 140° internal temp. Polder appears to be working again. The whole meal was terrific. All the jam disappears, by the way.[p]I hafta tell you about the potatoes. I have a lot of container plants, and one day I had an old potato that had little points growing out of it, so I stuck it in the soil in an unoccupied pot. Eventually a beautiful plant grew and flowered, and when it died I cut it off and thought, well, so much for that. Much later I found all these small and medium-size new potatoes under the dirt! I've been repeating this ever since and have a constant supply of delicious little potatoes (they'll get bigger if you leave them in the dirt). Try it.[p]
Judy in San Diego