Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Any KCBS members here?

Options
NJ-GrEGG
NJ-GrEGG Posts: 171
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have been thinking about starting a membership in the Kansas City Barbeque Society. Are there any members here? I don't compete, but for the 35 bucks I might enjoy reading the monthly magazine they put out.

Comments

• dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    I joined after we did a competion last year. The Bullsheet has some interesting articles and info on competitions and classes.
  • NJ-GrEGG
    NJ-GrEGG Posts: 171
    Options
    Thanks for your reply! This here is a great forum and there are lots of things to find on the web but once in a while I like to find something in print that I can throw in the bag and take to work. ;)
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    The Bullsheet is a good read every month, you even see the occasional forum member in it. -RP
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
    You will find it worthwhile. The bullsheet is the monthly paper that goes out to members. You can keep up with comp action. It is something that you would get more out of by being a cook, but it has some good stuff.

I just anted up for another year.
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    Yep I am a member and it's worth the $35.00 even if you don't compete.
  • Hoss's BBQ
    Hoss's BBQ Posts: 435
    Options
    I am also a memember. I like reading the bullsheet as well. Also if you ever do compete you would have a good resource to turn to. Hoss
  • Pyro
    Pyro Posts: 101
    Options
    Being from Kansas City, I am a KCBS member. The Bullsheet is a fun read and includes lists of classes and contests throughout the mid-west with occasional ones as far as Washington state and PA. Should they ever schedule a judge's class within 300 mile (two months ago I would have said 500), I will be there.

I am going to a Myron Mixon class in July that I found out about through the Bullsheet. My only gripe with KCBS is that they no longer stocker the bumper sticker, :BBQ - It's just not for breakfast amy more." It was a great slogan that said this is supposed to be fun, don't take either BBQ or yourself too seriously.