Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

WENT BANANAS

Options
RayS
RayS Posts: 114
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
WENT BANANAS for desert tonight. Grilled on the BGE, covered with rum sauce then served with ice cream. What a treat.[p]Does anyone have any easy desert ideas to try?[p]rays

Comments

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    rays,[p]Try grilled fresh pineapple! Dip in melted butter with an little cinnamon in it. Then dip the pieces in Turbanido sugar. We do ours fast and hot 475º or there abouts.
    You have to use the Turbinado raw sugar because it has a higher burn point than regular sugar - white or brown.
    Same fixins too 151 Rum with ice cream.

• ColoradoCook
    ColoradoCook Posts: 152
    Options
    Sundown,[p]I got that recipe from this forum last Summer. I call it my "show off" dessert. I heat us some dark rum, in a pan, over the BGE vent (30 to 60 seconds) and light it on fire. Turn off all the lights and pour over your pineapple. Everyone thinks I'm a gourmet cook, I just like the pretty blue flame.[p]CC