Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cajun blackened steaks as an alternative to Pittsburgh style

Options
KennyG
KennyG Posts: 949
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi Gang.[p]We all know that Egged steaks are absolutely the best! I'm very fortunate to have a friend in the business and can occasionally get my hands on some restaurant quality beef.[p]With the job situation (or lack of), Carol and I will probably not get to make our token annual visit to N'awlins this year. It was time for me to do some Cajun cooking.[p]As good as steaks are off the Egg, try this sometime as a change of pace, particularly if you like them done up the the intensely charred and rare "Pittsburgh Style"[p]This link could also have been named "home alone with too much time on my hands" hehehe[p]chileside.gif
[ul][li]Cajun blackened steaks[/ul]

Comments

• MickeyT
    MickeyT Posts: 607
    Options
    KennyG,[p]I've just moved up my lunch date. What a great presentation. We miss you.[p]My guess is you can't sear the steaks inside unless you have a large hood vent? Too much smoke?[p]Looks yummy.[p]Mick