Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hey Chirocooker check this out

Options
Rolling Egg
Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just bought my first green egg and I bought a large. It just seem to fit me as I am only entertaining about 6 to 8 people at a time. It also seems to be the most chosen of the eggs. After getting on this board and looking around I found this post. Not sure if im doing it right but Im sure you can highlight it, copy and paste in your address block. This will tell you that you can cook for lots of people on a large egg. Not sure of all the details but you can add these extenders to your grating to have twice the cooking capacity. Im sure these guys can help with the details.

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=453554&catid=1[/url]

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Wow! That's a lot of good looking food. Thanks for all the great advise. I was trying hard to find a good reason to go with the XL (maybe my male ego Bigger is always better mentality) but I think I will start with a L and the add another egg in the future if needed/wanted. I guess it all depends on how crazy I go with this new hobby.
  • Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Options
    Ive cooked on mine twice so far. Ive owned it a week, and I hate to jump the gun but as of now I love mine. I just wish I would have bought it sooner. I definately feel as though I learned alot smoking on cheap equipment. Stay on this board when you buy one and youll find lots of friendly people with all the answers to your questions. Happy Egging!