Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

help with guru

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a bbq guru that I use with my large egg. I am going to a friends house for the weekend, who has a small egg, and I wanted to cook a brisket. I do not have the adapter for the small egg. Seeing that I have waited to late to order it does anyone know of an easy way to get around this? thanks

Comments

• Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    If you are handy and have the tools you could fabricate something that would work out of tin.

Or good old duct tape. It gets hot down there but I am not sure how hot so you would have to make that judgment. There is a possibility of a fire and or melting the adhesive to the egg, bugger to clean off.

gg
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    It will definitely melt duct tape, don't try it. -RP
  • BBQ Bob Trudnak
    Options
    Place the fan nozzle into the left side of the bottom damper so that the heat fins on the nozzle are even with the track. Slide the sm. BGE door to the left and catch the heat fins in the BGE door. Cover any opening with high temp foil tape. (we supplied you with some with your Guru). You can by it by the roll in Home Depot or Lowes in the plumbing section. I have done this many times and it will work great.

Bob Trudnak
  • Unknown
    Options
    thank you i will try that