Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brining Ribs

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was reading a post on brining ribs, but there was no information given as to how it's done. I didn't know you could brine ribs, chicken and turkey yes, but ribs? Could you please explain the process, I would like to try it![p]Thank you

Comments

• Mike Oelrich
    Options
    Devin S,[p] The process is the same no matter what meat you use. However, you normally have to brine beef and pork for a bit longer than a similar piece of chicken or turkey. I'd recommend starting out by brining your ribs overnight in a brine like the one I use (rough recipe) on country style ribs and roasts:[p]1 can Irish Stout (14.9 oz) and enough water to make one qt. total
    1/4 cup salt
    1/4 cup sugar
    1/4 cup cider vinegar
    bay leaf
    dash of hot pepper sauce
    3 whole cloves
    1 anise star
    3 cloves garlic, chopped[p]Boil for about five minutes, cool completely (I use a ziploc bag full of ice to cool the brine quickly).[p]Rinse well before cooking.[p]You'll have to play around with it to see what you like best. You never know until you try![p]MikeO