Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dinner For my brothers in arms

Options
usc1321
usc1321 Posts: 627
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Today is a very important day for me and my family. I have been in the Marines for the last 11 years and today marks an important day for all of us. SOOO... I did some ribs, corn, and my wife made the cucumber salad. Plus the wife also made some angel food cake and fresh local berries for desert. Not the fanciest meal, but very good and traditional for Memorial Day. Last year I was in Iraq for the 3rd time so this year using the egg was a special day for the whole family. Here's.. to the guys in IQ, right now. ;)B)
Here are some shots of the ribs coming off the egg. I use a mustard based BBQ sauce from S.C. One of the best I have ever had, I don't even use red sauce anymore. :whistle:
DSC01491.jpg
DSC01493.jpg
Here is a shot of the corn off the egg.
DSC01496.jpg
Here it is on the fancy china(okay it is BBQ) :cheer: :laugh:
DSC01505.jpg
Here is some delish desert :cheer: :whistle: :woohoo:
DSC01506.jpg
Great meal on an important day! ;)B)

Comments

• GriffinGaDawg
    GriffinGaDawg Posts: 332
    Options
    1) Thank you and your brothers in service for what you do to make this great country what it is, great.

2) I hope you toasted that angel food cake on the egg. 1 minute or so on each side should do it...maybe not even that much. You will thank me when you do...kind of roasted marshmellow'ish.
  • usc1321
    usc1321 Posts: 627
    Options
    I will try that out later for the after desert, desert :laugh: :whistle: SOunds great!! ;)
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    Thanks for your service, Jeff. America's finest, you are.
  • Broc
    Broc Posts: 1,398
    Options
    Welcome to the Forum --

And thanks for your service. Many, many years ago I spent 6 years in Uncle Sam's Army. :)

Best to you and your Family!

~ Broc
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Jeff
    You are the finest, proud to have you as a friend. Those pictures look fantastic, liked the mustard based BBQ sauce. Take care!!
  • Lifer
    Lifer Posts: 2
    Options
    Looks good Jeff. Can you do "MREs" on the egg also? I join with the others in thanking you and your buddies for your service to our country. I was a sailor but I have a number of old "Mud Marine" friends who are fond of saying: Not as lean; not as mean, but always a Marine". Semper Fidelis

Bill
  • crghc98
    crghc98 Posts: 1,006
    Options
    Thanks for your service. Buddy of mine is stateside and was supposed to be home so I could meet his Fiance this weekend. Couldn't make it due to a death in her family. Hoping he gets home before he goes back. He thinks Afgan this time around.

My thoughts and prayers are with you guys serving...

Great looking meal by the way
  • AlwaysGolf
    AlwaysGolf Posts: 704
    Options
    Nice looking cook.

I want to thank you and your fellow brothers in arms for your selfless service to our country. Although I'm a recently retired Army guy, it takes all branches of the service to make our national deifense the greatest in the free world. Good luck and all members of the Armed Forces will always be in my prayer.
  • Soonerfan
    Soonerfan Posts: 71
    Options
    first-thank you for your service, and thank you to your family for their support too.Sometimes we forget to thank the wives for their support.

second- Nice looking ribs! What kind of sauce did you use?
  • Chef in the Making
    Options
    Jeff let me add my thanks and graditude for the your service and all those who serve to include the spouses and the children.
  • Austin Smoker
    Austin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    Options
    Glad you are home this year to celebrate your service with your family!! From my family to yours, we are grateful for your serivce and those of your brothers still overseas.

The ribs look great too!

usc1321 wrote:
    Today is a very important day for me and my family. I have been in the Marines for the last 11 years and today marks an important day for all of us. SOOO... I did some ribs, corn, and my wife made the cucumber salad. Plus the wife also made some angel food cake and fresh local berries for desert. Not the fanciest meal, but very good and traditional for Memorial Day. Last year I was in Iraq for the 3rd time so this year using the egg was a special day for the whole family. Here's.. to the guys in IQ, right now. ;)B)
    Here are some shots of the ribs coming off the egg. I use a mustard based BBQ sauce from S.C. One of the best I have ever had, I don't even use red sauce anymore. :whistle:
    DSC01491.jpg
    DSC01493.jpg
    Here is a shot of the corn off the egg.
    DSC01496.jpg
    Here it is on the fancy china(okay it is BBQ) :cheer: :laugh:
    DSC01505.jpg
    Here is some delish desert :cheer: :whistle: :woohoo:
    DSC01506.jpg
    Great meal on an important day! ;)B)