Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2:18 AM Forum Check

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Good morning Eggheads and those poor souls who have yet to reach enlightenment.

No emergency this time. Just a casual stroll up to the maintenance facility where I took my time releasing biofluid pressure and dispensing of same into the unknown before continuing on to the food preparation area where I confirmed the operation of the refrigeration lamp. Then on to the external observation device to check on Rodney Dangerbird and his crew. All was well there too.

With all going so well I thought I would be able to return to the recharging station and resume my zombie like state, but a check of the Intergalactic Communications Network disclosed a newly appointed agent in the Austin outpost who was boasting of obtaining a Big Green Egg and desiring to warm a brisket on it for his first cook. He was requesting advice, and needless to say, I had plenty to give.

He has absolutely no Eggsperience so I'm afraid he will suffer the Newbie ailment of "extreme expectations" and be disappointed in his first attempt at cooking on the Egg. He seems to be determined so I took him step by step through what I know works for me, but I also referred him to some well known sources for information, including this Forum, should he run into a problem. Naturally, I suggested he try cooking some simple meals prior to taking on a brisket, if nothing more than to learn how to set up for the cook and how control the temperature. I'm sure he will hit panic mode about the same time as the brisket hits plateau mode or before.

He really should have come to the Texas Eggfest and he would know some of this already.

Anyway, my graspers are worn out writing the details of what he should do to even have a chance of getting it right. It's the least I could do after telling him for over a year that he needs to get an Egg.

A quick check of the Forum, should he need help, disclosed that 9/114 happy souls are up and about prepping themselves for a fun weekend. I just hope they don't forget why it's a holiday.

Say goodnight Leroy.

Spring "Pay Attention Class" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments