Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Salmon Fillets

Options
La Egger
La Egger Posts: 14
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am looking at 4 salmon fillets and I'm not sure what I'm going to do. My thought is to go simple with EVOO and some raging river. Never having done salmon before I'm leaning on my catfish stuff.

Anyone have any success with this? I have to keep it simple as I've spend the day clearing trees and limps after battling a tornado on Thursday. Time to enjoy my evening and give blessing for the house taking no damage.

thanks.

Comments

• Frank from Houma
    Frank from Houma Posts: 5,755
    Options
    Sounds like a simple but good plan. Glad you dodged the tornados. Are you on the north shore?
  • Willie Lump Lump
    Options
    I have had great success doing what you are thinking about. Raging River EVOO and 300 degrees with Alder or White Cedar for 25 minutes,
    I think this simple recipe is where the Egg really shines.
    Nothing like simple and delicious. ENJOY!
    TTFN WLL
  • WADoug
    WADoug Posts: 191
    Options
    We love salmon. Is the set up direct or indirect? I'd love to try this.
  • La Egger
    La Egger Posts: 14
    Options
    Sorry for the delay in replying.

I did the Raging River and used a suggested method of 7 and 3. I put the egg at 325 then put on the fish. Seven min. one side and flip. Then is sprinkled some lime juice and grill another 3 min. and revomed. Just perfect. I'll try to get the pictures next time.

Frank, I'm in Folsom. We took the storms well execpt for the twister. Some folks took trees on their houses and a couple of barns wher destroyed. Power lines took a beating to. All in all we where good. I'm still cleaning, but I've been doing that since Katrina.

Glad to be back egging.