Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Red Eye Brisket

Options
RhumAndJerk
RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I had a rare Saturday at home, but had a lot of work to get done. About 9AM, I figured that I would get hungry at dinner time and would not have the time or energy to cook dinner.
My solution was to grab a brisket from Publix's. It was a four and a half pounder. I coated it with DizzyPig Red Eye Surprise.
I used my large BGE and put the brisket on the Grill Extender over a drip pan. I added one chunk of Red Oak and one chunk of Hickory and cooked it at 225-250.

Somewhere around 4PM, the internal temp was at 200. I took in out of the egg, double wrapped it in tinfoil and it in the Microwave.

At 6PM, we were ready for dinner. I opened a can of baked beans, some potatoe salad from the deli counter and Cornbread from the bakery department.

It was actually one of the better Briskets that I cooked. Everyone enjoyed the meal and I was glad to egg something for a change.
RhumAndJerk

Comments

• Tommy
    Tommy Posts: 116
    Options
    The beauty of the egg, long slow cooks. Once it is stabilized you don't have to hang around and add fuel and watch the temp all the time.
    I know webber kettles are good I just don't want one.