Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How to lift the egg out of cypress table?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What is the easiest way to lift my egg out of its Cypress table (so I can stain the table)?

Comments

• Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    If it is a large take all of the guts out and put your arm inside of the egg and put your fingers out through the bottom vent and lift.It took me about twenty minutes to get to this stage and it worked for me.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    Best is to have two people doing it. First take the guts out which will lighten it a bunch - then have the strongest person reach inside and grab the vent hole and lift up - the second person should assist as best they can.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    Then for the future you might want to consider buying thi "Potlifter" It works slick if you plan to take your egg in and out a lot or even once a year. Scroll down this page.
    http://www.farmwholesale.com/tools.php3
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    Watch the fingers around the edges of the opening for the egg...definitely a 'snag' point..knew a guy stuck that way for 30 mins once... :sick: :blink: ..fingers between eggshell and cypress top :sick:
  • Cecil
    Cecil Posts: 771
    Options
    I recommend a dish towel or something to protect your hands when reaching through the hole.

Walt
  • Firestarter21
    Firestarter21 Posts: 309
    Options
    I agree to using a dish towel or something. I have had a pretty nasty cut from something on the lower vent door when moving my large before.
    Barrett
    Woodstock, Ga