Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Got my makizushi fixings!

Options
JLOCKHART29
JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well bill posted the simi raw tuna the other day and I remember him making makizushi. Took a nice 150 mile ride down to Monroe La. and we ate at the worst oreantial resturant I have ever been to BUT they knew where an Asian foods store was. The girl there spoke perfect American and was real helpfull. Looks almost like the pic you put up bill don't it? ;) Thanks for the offer to mail me the stuff but I got all this for under 15 bucks. Any pointers bill or anyone else? Got to go feed the farm and hit the hay as 2:15 am and work comeing quick! :blink:
Jake said to burn one for him in Austin!! B)
AFOODMIDAPRIL.jpg

Comments

• Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    Great haul! Tell Mr. Jake there that I've been popping the tops off some nice "lemonade" while I was outside q-ing for dinner. Nothing special, just some sausages for the kids, and a little bit of bacon in a cast iron skillet. Those kids love them some pork products!

Let us know how the rolls turn out, man. Have a great evening!
  • lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    Options
    you got the right stuff. i got to get to bed early too . we can talk off the forum as soon as you are ready. don't forget to reaasure the wife that sushi means vinegared rice and not raw fish.
    jake is so much better an addition to your pics than my toes are to mine
  • JLOCKHART29
    Options
    Don't need to burn yourself out b4 this weekend! I think its not just the kids that like the pork products eather!! Enjoy a "Country Time" for me. Got to hit the hay real soon!!
  • JLOCKHART29
    Options
    Thanks bill!! ;) Yea I got to work all weekend (3 days) then one day off and got to follow the wife on the bike to Little Rock 250 mile round trip for her stomach Dr. appointment (just check up, had gallblatter surg. 4 or 5 years ago) then she's going on up to her mothers for a few and I'm coming home as got to work nights OT Tues. and regular Wends. and Thurs. and more OT Fri. Going to be bowed up so even the Egg will be few and far apart. :( Will get with you when I do it. Thanks again partner. Appreciate ya!! ;)
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    It's a treat to make your sushi rolls at home. Takes a bit of practice and time to get the rice right, but it's fun and a treat to eat right after you roll it. Still practicing on getting the rice on the outside of the nori. Definitely a learning curve, but good stuff. The possibilities are endless too.

She spoke perfect American? LOL. Is that the new international language? hehe.

Cheers
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    word to the wise wrap your bamboo mat with plactic wrap it will help you!!! i made sushi a couple times at home and since i worked in a night club for 15 years i was pretty good at rolling things :whistle:

mine was pretty good although it looks like you are going to make more than shrimp tempura and california rolls :laugh:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• JLOCKHART29
    Options
    Actually I speak (and spell) Southernees and have a hard time with American. Don' even atempt English! :laugh:
  • JLOCKHART29
    Options
    When the girl went and got the mat she said I would need it. I got a puzzled look on my face and she said to roll it with. Light came on and I said "Like a $20 bill and rolling paper?" :whistle: lol