Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Help !!! Need some advice - 4 lb Beef Tederloin

Options
Brian
Brian Posts: 73
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum

I want to cook (direct) a 4 lb beek tenderloin on my large egg for some company we are having over this evening. While I have done tenderloin steaks I have never done the 'roast'. It is about 3 1/2 - 4 inches thick. As I mortgaged the house to buy this chunk of beef I want to make certain that do it properly. Question for direct: temperature? approx cooking time? advice greatly appreciated. Brian[p]P.S. also having a cedar plank salmon which I have done many times so I should'nt fail with the fish.

Comments

• ravnhaus
    ravnhaus Posts: 311
    Options
    Brian,
    Here is a link to my experience.
    Good luck. Don't overcook it!

[ul][li]beef tenderloin[/ul]
  • Brian
    Brian Posts: 73
    Options
    ravnhaus, thanks for the expertise. Appreciated - love you site. One question - although you had cooked yours indirect I was planing on doing it direct (have a pepper sauce that can be added at the table if desired). What do think - same temperature as your indirect - same time approx? Comment appreciated.[p]Thanks again, Brian

• ravnhaus
    ravnhaus Posts: 311
    Options
    Brian,
    You might raise the grill up some so that it is not too close to coals. That is how I like to do steak as I don't really go for that blackened thing.

• Unknown
    Options
    Brian,
    I had the best luck with Tederloin by doing it direct @ 750 for 3 min on one side, then 3 min on the other, then close it down with the green cap and closing the bottom vent and let it bake fo about 30-35 min. This well work great the think end will have a red center the thin end will be a little pink. I usally use a little Oklahoma Joe's Steak seasoning before I begin.