Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cheap ribs/CWM follow-up

Ottawa_egger
Ottawa_egger Posts: 236
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Two weekends ago I picked up some mispriced ribs at the local supermarket. That didn't sit well with some forum members here, so this past weekend I dug the label out of the garbage and talked to the head of the meat department. I told him I wanted to make him whole and he laughed and told me that that is why the store has its pricing policy. He noted that the checkout employees are trained to look for any outrageous mispricings (apparently label switching is a major issue) and report it to the department head. He then went into the back and came out a few minutes later. He mentioned he checked who was on staff that day and noted that a spot check a few weeks before turned up a similar issue with the same employee, and that he would handle it.

Today I returned and picked up a couple of steaks for the egg tonight and found out how he handled it:

He fired the employee.

I can't say I feel much better knowing I was responsible for that result. I hope he/she didn't have mortgage payments or a family to support. That certainly wasn't my intent.

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    What store? Have they got any left? :evil:

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• For what it is worth you you were not the cause of the employee being let go. Based on your comment in the first paragraph the employee had been counseled before and continued not to properly perform their duties.
  • Bob-O
    Bob-O Posts: 211
    I am sure you have had better days. I was in agreement with Car Wash Mike when he indicated that the deal you received because of the mistakes of employees does not equal the right to "steal" a product from a company trying to make a profit. But I do feel the pain you must feel for trying to correct a wrong. I guess what you do is move on and learn from what has happened. No one is perfect.
  • Popsicle
    Popsicle Posts: 523
    IMHO you did nothing wrong when you bought the ribs and got questioned for it by some here. Then you try to make it right, by them, and you are questioning yourself. Appears that the old saying of “ no good deed goes unpunished” applies here. Either way, its not worth the worry you are putting yourself thru. Lets get back to cooking. Popsicle
    Willis Tx.
  • dougemsmacks
    dougemsmacks Posts: 152
    I posted last time, don't know if you read it but Congradulations on going back. If they posted the wrong price it really is thier problem but fealing bad for the employee shouldnot be your issue> I wouldnot employ someone who under charges again and again. That person needs to have a different position WITHOUT responsability. Again not your fualt.