Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ping jlockhart29 and mo egg

Options
lowercasebill
lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
the answer to your question re:the turbulator and the medium egg

is this copied from the e-mail i recieved this morning

Bill, Yes the Turbo Grate will work on your Medium Egg. You have to adjust the bottom Z shaped bar to fit the diameter of the medium's firebox.

BBQ bob

Comments

• JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    Thanks for checking bill! I did notice he "misspelled " your name (capt. it :laugh: ) Did not see your post to the original thread or I would have measured. One of my grips with this forum set up. No way to bump a thread and it gets lost very easy. I almost didn't see this one. Did some breast and planked tators befor work but some how in my hast to get off to work this evening they didn't get down loaded on Bucket right. Will post it tomorrow. If you haven't done planked mashed potatos you got to try! :woohoo:
  • lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    Options
    i have the planks [cedar] but have not used them. do they make the taters taste like cedar?
    i have been checking the little box below the typing square so i get e-mails if someone responds to my post. then i do not have to go back to look all the time . let me know and i will take pics of my turbinator. i am happy with mine
    time to post the tuna pics from tonight then bed early start tomorrow look for the toes. made enough food for an army but it was perfect.
    bill
    ps how was your ride ?
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    Yea, The plank does give them a cedar taste but also the smoke. I put them on last at about 300 with a piece of foil under the plank for about 15 or 20 min. with several fresh chunks of presimmon wood. Smoke is really rolling out. My wife is a house wife and farm wife so I eat home cooking all the time. Homemade mashed potatoes are a norm around hear an get to where I can take them or leave but these were GREAT!! :woohoo:
    Didn't make Hot springs. Several things came up and by the time they got sorted out running late on time to get off. Did go to a big crawfish/shrimp boil with 2 whole roasted pigs at a friends house. Good party and the city sponsered a "Bikes/bugs and bands" fest Sat. About 1200 bikes and some pretty good bands to boot so wasn't a total waste!
  • mo egg
    mo egg Posts: 143
    Options
    thanks for the info