Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The best dang chicken! Period

MickeyT
MickeyT Posts: 607
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Howdy all![p]I have been putting off posting this recipe until I was sure it was as good as I thought. After 5 cooks I can say that all that have tried it agree. This is quite simple as well (which is why it works for me I guess).[p]I am a big fan of bonless chicken breasts and I cook them quite often. While my wheels were turning one evening I decided that I needed to beat the heck out of a chicken breast to see what happened. So I got out my meat tenderizer and whacked it a few times.[p]Chicken all over the place was the result. I stopped and put the breast in a Ziplok bag and whacked it with the flat side of the whacker until it was probably twice the size and a whole bunch flatter. The bag contains the chicken so as not to fly all over the place. [p]I then did each one individually for the next 3. Dropped those unsightly chick breasts in a Ziplok with Paul Newmans Parmesan dressing and let them rest in the fridge for 2 hours.[p]Got the egg to blast off temps and threw em' on. No ring, no top, no nothin, just let em rip for about 3-4 minutes a side. Yep, 3-4 minutes a side. [p]I truly believe this is the best breast chicken you will ever cook.[p]I plan on attending in October (God willing). I will probably cook it there.[p]Happy eggin!![p]Mick

Comments