Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My favorite non meat Egg recipies.

Options
Smoldering Meato
Smoldering Meato Posts: 1
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Meat seems to be covered pretty well in the forum but I don't see many vegetable recipies. Here are a few to go along with all the meat the BGE cooks so well.[p]Roasted Garlic Salad Dressing[p]Head of Garlic
½ cup Mayonnaise
Juice of 1 Lemon
Dash of Cream
¼ cup Parmesan Cheese
Pepper Corn
Olive Oil[p]Slice off top of garlic head , place in tinfoil top with olive oil. Roast until tender 20-30 min on grill/oven. Remove cloves from garlic mix with other ingredients with food processor.[p]Dog bowl rice[p]1 cup rice
2 ½ cup hot water
1 tbl butter or olive oil
Bullion cube (beef or chicken depending of the main dish)[p]I use a stainless steel dog bowl to make rice in the BGE and think it’s much better than on the stovetop. Cover the top with foil and cook at 300 degrees for 30-45 min. Above is the base recipe and you can use any variation you like. My favorites are Sliced tomato with basil one chicken bullion cube and pepper to taste. Another is to add broccoli with thyme. Portobello mushrooms are good. Carrots are great also. [p]