Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tiny V-Rack for Mini?

Options
mollyshark
mollyshark Posts: 1,519
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'll get these little 3 lb roasts which fit wondrously in the mini..but would them them raised off the rack or not sitting in the pan (9" foil pans fit perfectly). I haven't seen anything that would fit in the mini to raise the meat just a bit off the grill so it doesn't stew in its own juice (quite literally). Anyone come up with anything workable???[p]Thanks...mShark

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    MollyShark,
    You might try one of those inexpensive wire trivets that sit up about half an inch. I've seen them in the $1.00 store. They should fit neatly inside an aluminum pan. [p]I wish I had a mini to go with my large.[p]Spring Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    Spring Chicken,[p]To tell the truth, I use the mini more than the large...particularly when there is just 2 of us. Doesn't even use enough lump to sneeze at and gets up to temp in no time at all. I love that thing. Perfect for fish since you can usually cut it into pieces that fit in those 9" pans also. The wire trivit sounds like a workable thing. I'll see if I can find one![p]Thanks![p]mShark
  • Angie2B
    Angie2B Posts: 543
    Options
    MollyShark, I use aluminum foil rolled into logs. They keep the meat outta the juices and they can be formed to fit any pan. It works well for me! Hope this helps.

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    MollyShark,
    I had a 1-1/2"x9" stainless steel ring made for the mini and bought a extra grate from the egg store...Sometimes I use the extra grate on a 8-1/2" pie pan...Works great.
    Larry

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    miniring.jpg
    <p />MollyShark,
    Here is a picture of the ring and extra grate.
    Larry